Subscribe to our 3 month or 6 month plan.
Create your user profile.
- Sign-up using Facebook
- OR fill in your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Create password
- Make sure to confirm your email by checking your inbox!
- Log in
Browse existing listings and start connecting! You can find a “Connect” or "Contact" button in all listings, click on it to send the user a message.
Create a listing by clicking on the “Start Connecting” button or "Create Listing" link in the drop down menu.
- Select a category
- Meet Momrades - connect with moms for friendship
- Sitters - connect with moms for occasional child care
- Home Daycare - these listing offer part-time or full-time childcare in your home
- Parents Seeking Childcare - these listing are for parents who are looking for childcare (occasional, part-time, or full-time)
- Doulas - these listing are for birth and/or postpartum doulas
- Homeschooling - these listings are for homeschooling parents looking to connect with other homeschooling parents in their community
- Tell us about yourself by filling in the details of the listing
- Be sure to upload a picture! Listings with pictures tend to receive a much higher response.
- Submit your listing for approval
- Your listing will be reviewed and approved within 24-48 hours
- Check your email for notifications from mamaraderie! Anytime your listing receives a message, we’ll notify you. Make sure to include mamaraderie in your “safe sender” list so you don’t miss any notifications.
- Please be respectful by replying to the messages you receive. We encourage you to log in periodically to ensure you haven’t missed any messages.
BOOKING A SITTER
Before you book a Sitter, send them a message confirming that they are available on the date & time required. You can do so by clicking on the “Contact” button before sending them a request.
Once you’ve had a chance to connect and confirm availability, you can send them a request by selecting your Booking Date, Start Time and End Time. Please note: you can only select a time on the hour, you can not currently book by the half hour (we’re hoping to change that!).
Once you click on ‘Send a Request” you will be asked for your credit card number. Please note, your payment is securely processed by Stripe. Sitterhood does not store your credit/debit card information. Your card will only be charged if the Sitter accepts the transaction within 3 days. If the Sitter declines the request or does not respond, no charge will be made.
Your credit card will be authorized. Which means you may notice the charge appear in your pending transactions. The actual charge will not be processed until after the booking date.
If the Sitter accepts your booking, then you may move forward with the babysitting arrangement based on the requested date and time.
Bookings can be cancelled up to the time of the booking date to receive a full refund.
Once the service has been provided, the Sitter will be able to mark the booking as complete and process the payment.
Now you don’t have to worry about having cash! The payment will be directly sent to the Sitter's bank account.
Reviews. The parent and Sitter will be sent a request to review the service. These reviews will then be posted with your user profile.
Please be sure to complete this important step. More positive reviews = more bookings!
Are the caregivers pre-screened?
No, mamaraderie does not vet or prescreen the caregivers. The listings will ask the caregivers whether they have a vulnerable sector check, however, it is up to the parents to request and validate all documentation.
Does mamaraderie charge a booking fee?
Yes, there is a 10% fee for booking Sitters online. Approximately 2.5% of those fees are charged by the secure payment portal and the remainder is placed towards mamaraderie's operational costs. We hope the online booking & payment tool provides parents and Sitters with added convenience.
How do Sitters get paid?
Once a booking is marked as complete, Sitter's fees are transferred directly into their bank accounts through a secure payment portal (Stripe). mamaraderie does not have access to any banking or credit card information. Please note that payments can take up to 7 days to be processed.
Can I ask a Sitter to babysit in my home instead of theirs?
Sitter profiles will indicate their location preference (their home or yours). Please be sure to confirm your preferred location by contacting the Sitter prior to sending your booking request.
What if I want to tip a Sitter?
Unfortunately adding a tip to your booking transaction is not an option at this time. That said, you can always book your Sitter for additional time and allow that to be their tip.
What if I go over the time booked with a Sitter, how do I pay the difference?
Unfortunately you won’t be able to update your existing booking. However, you can create a new booking for the additional time and have the Sitter accept the booking without having to provide babysitting services for the time booked. Alternatively, you can ask the Sitter if you can send them an e-transfer or pay the difference in cash.
What if I need to cancel my Sitter booking request?
You can cancel a booking request right up to the time of booking. If you want to cancel the booking after the booking date has past, you will have to click on the “dispute” button which will appear in your conversation thread. Please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help process and track your refund.